British indie darling Florence Welsh of Florence and the Machine nearly burned down her hotel after a night on the town with Kanye West in New York City. The two along with Lykke Li had been drinking downtown, Florence reports that she had around 17 dirty martinis, when she returned to her room and passed out. Upon awakening, she noticed she had chipped a tooth and the wall of the Bowery Hotel where she was staying was charred to a crisp. Her book had caught fire from a tea candle, there was a bucket of water on the floor and the drink bill for Welsh, Yeezy, Lykke and apparently the entire bar was enough to make the fire seem meager. Shake it out Florence!
The audio’s not great but you can feel the heat coming off Kanye as he amps up this crowd at the Big Day Out Festival in Australia and the visuals are amazing. There seems to be more energy, if that’s even possible, since the end of The Throne tour, and a certain James Brown-ness in his ah-hahs. It must be good to be King.
Jay Z just signed a multi-year contract with Duracell to be an investment partner and the spokesperson for their Powermat JV division. The announcement represents a shrewd business move for Jay Z who will rake in unheard of piles of currency on the back of Powermat’s wireless energy and Duracell which just landed one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.
Beginning with the now famous (and classy) unveiling of Beyonce’s baby bump at the epic 2011 MTV Video Music Awards show, the highly anticipated birth of of the heir to the throne came to its eagerly awaited conclusion on Saturday. Already besieged by the press and paparazzi, the most famous baby in show business has a lot to live up to as the daughter of two of the most iconic musicians in the recent history, not to mention her own unforgettable name.
- I remember being 5 years old picking and my mother taking me with her shopping at the discount fur spots
- I knew about my woman’s clothing was what my Mom would wear. I guess some critics would joke that I still don’t know anything LOL
- … the teachers said I couldn’t focus… I used to get kicked out of class for bringing dirty mags and drawing Nikeys in 4th grade
- I was just discussing becoming the creative director for the Jetson movie and someone on the call yelled out.. you should do a Jetsons tour!
- I appreciate having the most nominations at the Grammies but I feel so conflicted by the fact that award shows sometimes are completely…
- ….hmmmmm what to wear… here I go again… Yeezy the trend setter or complete fucking fashion victim … the verdict is still out
- I have started a new company and I’m so excited about the name…. it’s got the best name ever of all companies of all time!!!….
- The name of the company is DONDA
- DONDA is a design company which will galvanize amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there dreams and ideas…
- We want to help simplify and aesthetically improve everything we see hear, touch, taste and feel.
- We would also like’ to design the MTV awards
- Schools should be designed to prep human beings for real life.
- Spike Jonze and I want to do a Summer school that tries new forms of cuuriculim
- Math classes should teach addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, accounting and money management aaaaaand cut!!! ….
- Instead of kicking kids out of schools for using there iPhones… why not promote it? Allow kids to use search engines to do test…
- The adrenaline is running… I don’t know if I can even get to sleep now… From Wall street to the London riots to Chicago murders…
- I sit everyday and ask what can I do to make a difference…
- I know this is not a very rapper thing to say but I haven’t bought a new car or piece of jewelry in about 2 years…
- I invest every dime back into creativity… hiring amazing creatives paying for flights, offices … etc…
- There are so many broken systems from the economy to school systems jail systems… we need experts for this…
- We need scientist and top world designers to directly affect governments.
- If anyone would like to reach out email us at contactDONDA@gmail.com
Following Kanye’s recent infatuation with Kim Kardashian after The Throne concert in Los Angeles where an impartial observer commented that Kanye wanted to eat her up like a chicken wing, Amber Rose has weighed in on the rumors insinuating that the reason she and Kanye broke up was because of Kim’s furious sexting, and of course rampant infidelity between Kim and Kanye.
- Kanye West took to Twitter to clarify that the name of his recently panned clothing line is Kanye West and not Dw, or Donda West, as was previously reported. The Dw inscribed on the invitation was merely a homage to his late mother.